Labne is a soft cheese made by straining natural yogurt. It is an incredibly versatile ingredient which can be used in savoury and sweet preparations. Labne is a great source of probiotics which can support and promote good digestive health.
- 1 cup labne
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots/chives
- 2 tablespoons capers in brine, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons toasted pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoon EVOO, to drizzle
- sumac, to garnish (optional)
- flaked salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, combine labne with salt and garlic.
- Scoop labne mix into a shallow dish and make swoops with the back of a spoon.
- Garnish with chopped herbs, capers and raisins.
- Drizzle liberally with extra virgin olive oil.
- Season with flaked salt and pepper.
- Enjoy with warm pita bread or vegetable crudites.