Saturday, 22 Feb 2020 | 10am-1pm
In this casual 3-hour session, learn about the basics of digestive health and how to support it through dietary and lifestyle practices. Discover the function of the gut microbiome and how it affects our general well-being.
This session includes a demonstration on how to prepare a delicious and nourishing meal using easy-to-source ingredients. Notes and recipes will be provided. A light meal will be served at the end of the session.
what to bring: a pen, drinking water and food containers.
Labne is a soft cheese made by straining natural yogurt. It is an incredibly versatile ingredient which can be used in savoury and sweet preparations. Labne is a great source of probiotics which can support and promote good digestive health.
- 1 cup labne
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots/chives
- 2 tablespoons capers in brine, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons toasted pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoon EVOO, to drizzle
- sumac, to garnish (optional)
- flaked salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, combine labne with salt and garlic.
- Scoop labne mix into a shallow dish and make swoops with the back of a spoon.
- Garnish with chopped herbs, capers and raisins.
- Drizzle liberally with extra virgin olive oil.
- Season with flaked salt and pepper.
- Enjoy with warm pita bread or vegetable crudites.